Jan 18, 2006

Working Out-The Battle of the Bulge

I joined a gym and have been working out in the early morning hours the past three days. Just some treadmill and bike work mostly--for about an hour.

I have to say I have more energy and my brain is not as foggy as it sometimes gets and I haven't come close to hitting my stride...I'm taking it slow.

Tomorrow however, I have my first session with a personal trainer. I'm afraid she's going to kill me since I'm so out of shape. And since she's a woman and presumably good-looking (I mean she is a trainer, after all) my wife is probably next on the list to kill me. But since I haven't been able to do this on my own I'm getting help. I bought a 10 session package plud the gym dues...which wasn't cheap. So now I'm committed. It was also the recommendation of the doctor I went to see when I hurt my back so badly that I thought I was having a heart attack, the pain was that intense. Turns out I'm just way too out of shape and the muscles are atrophied and need to wake up.

My goal...to go from 218lbs to 175-180. About 50lbs. I'd also like to increase my flexibility as I get tight a lot.

So pray for me this week, that I won't keel over!

Thanks,
MH

No comments:

Googling God

Googling God
Buy Your Copy Now!