Apr 30, 2009

Conversion or Conjugal Visit?


Cath News is reporting that Pope John Paul II's assassin has converted to Catholicism:

Italian weekly Diva e people donna published the letter, French journal 7s7 reports.

"I am looking for an Italian woman, who wants to correspond with me. Obviously (I hope) she is Catholic because from May 13 2007, I decided to renounce the Muslim faith and becoming a member of the Roman Catholic Church," Agca writes.

"I have decided to return peacefully to the (St Peter's) square and to testify to the world of my conversion to Catholicism," he says in the letter written in Italian.

"Just for a day, I would wish to return to Rome to pray at the tomb of John Paul II to express my filial appreciation for his forgiveness," he adds.

Questioned by AFP in Turkey, his former lawyer Mustafa Demirbag, said he was "very skeptical" about the conversion, given the steps required to receive baptism.


I'm not sure if I buy it. It seems like a cheap way for him to score a date. But I suppose stranger things have happened.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Googling God

Googling God
Buy Your Copy Now!