Apr 27, 2006

Today's Proverb

I thought I'd bring back a shorter version of my old Proverbial Wisdom postings:

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Interesting. The more we are in awe of how much we are NOT God...the more we truly can know who we are. Fools spend their time thinking that they can grasp all the knowledge and power that only God can hold.

The key however is prudence and balance. We very easily can become complacent and say "I don't need to know anything because only God can know it all. I won't search for any meaning in the world at all."

Instead the wise one is one who discerns well. Who picks his battles and searches for meaning in a way that honors the awesomeness of God while continuing to find themselves less than but at least somewhat awesome themselves!

No comments:

Googling God

Googling God
Buy Your Copy Now!